Black McCuskey Souers & Arbaugh, LPA is seeking a Litigation Paralegal. The candidate will be responsible for drafting pleadings, discovery requests and responses; obtaining service of process and assisting with the issuance of summons and writs; editing and formatting briefs and memorandums, including citation reviews; managing the litigation docket of deadlines and case priorities; managing document storage and production and handling electronic discovery processes; researching into party identity, background and location and asset searches; obtaining medical records from multiple sources; professional communications with clients and court personnel and organizing files electronically and creating trial materials. Experience as a litigation paralegal (business, commercial, or employment litigation experience preferred).
- Proficient in litigation docketing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, etc.) and Adobe Acrobat
- Proficient in legal management/billing software or willing to gain proficiency; Knowledge of ProLaw is preferred
- Experience with electronic discovery and case management software
- Working experience with Federal Court filings and local county systems
- Ability to critically analyze and research issues
- Organized and deadline driven, ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks under pressure, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously through to completion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (detail oriented with excellent grammar and proofreading skills)
- Positive attitude and willingness to be part of a team
- Minimum Associate Degree in Paralegal Studies, Paralegal Certification with relevant work experience, or a four-year degree
- Minimum 2 years working in the litigation practice area
- Sitting for extended periods
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as files, storage boxes and copy paper
No phone calls please. Resume and cover letter should be sent in confidence to Sue Whitehead, Director of Client Development, at [email protected].
Black McCuskey is an Equal Opportunity Employer.